Universal Finance Corporation is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you interact with us.
2. Information We Collect
Universal Finance Corporation collects and maintains customer information as part of servicing your account and your customer relationship. In the course of servicing you, we collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as:
- Information you provide to us on applications or other forms, such as your name, address and telephone number
- Information we receive from an outside company, such as a credit bureau regarding your credit history or business status
- Information about your transactions with us
- Information you provide voluntarily, either by phone or in person, to our employees assisting with an issue
- Information you provide voluntarily online in response to a survey or information request
Web Server Logs
When you visit our website, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage. Examples of information we may track include the following types of information:
- Your Internet protocol address
- Number of links you click within our website
- State or country from which you accessed the website
- Date and time of your visit’
- Name of your Internet service provider
- The web page from which you linked to our website and pages you viewed on our website
3. Disclosure of nonpublic personal information to third parties
The customer information that we collect is used to service your accounts and meet your financial needs. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to anyone, except as permitted by law or as described below. Nonpublic personal information includes your name, address, Social Security number or other information provided to us on an application, form or our website, as well as any account numbers, payment history, balances, or information from a consumer report that you authorize us to obtain. However, we are permitted under law to disclose nonpublic personal information about you to other third parties in certain circumstances. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to third parties to assist us in servicing your account with us or to government entities in response to subpoenas.
We do not disclose any information to nonaffiliated third parties. We do not share customer information with outside parties who may wish to market their products to you. We may report information about your account(s) to the credit bureau and/or consumer reporting agencies. Late payments, missed payments, or other defaults on your account(s) may be reflected in your credit report and/or consumer report.
4. Confidentiality and security
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to only those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
5. Changes to this Statement
Universal Finance Corporation has the discretion to occasionally update this privacy statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this privacy statement. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this privacy statement and any updates.
6. Customer Service
If you have any questions about your account or would like more information about Universal Finance Corporation’s products and services, please call us at (781) 439-6000
In order to improve our site, we utilize “cookies” to maintain a record of your visit. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to a web browser by a web server and can only be read by the server that gave it to you. This information does not identify you personally and you remain anonymous unless you have otherwise provided Universal Finance Corporation with personally identifiable information. If you do not wish to accept cookies you will find instructions for disabling this function within your browser.
8. Contacting Us
Universal Finance Corporation
123 Haven Street
Reading, MA 01867